Goodbye Scotland!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 25th 2015
Published: June 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our last night here - hard to believe the trip has gone so quickly! So the past few days have been uneventful, but about 400 miles of driving total. We did have a few stops to break up the driving. Yesterday we stopped at Eilean Donan Castle, the Ben Nevis distillery and a few shops along the way. We did have quite the drive down a road that was closed due to construction - but the construction worker let us through, rather than detour - so we went with it. We were both relieved that we didn't wake up to flat tires on the car this morning.

Today, there was an accident on the road we intended to drive on that completely closed the road. So, we had to use our map reading skills to divert around. Since we took the scenic route, we added about another 45 miles to our drive. Fortunately, it was through the Trossachs/Loch Lomond area and very beautiful. Anyways, we toured the Glengoyne distillery (aka my new most favorite whiskey) and enjoyed a whiskey and chocolate tasting. Per their brochure, Glengoyne has the best whiskey tour in Scotland and it was a really great tour. Then, we headed toward Edinburgh and dropped off our rental mini - we were a little sad to let our mini go. Now, just getting some rest because we have an early flight tomorrow!

A few totals:
Castles visited - 9
Distilleries visited - 14 (no, we did not try whiskey at each)
Miles driven - approx 1,100
Haggis tried - 1 (by Sammy)
Bowls of Mac and cheese consumed - 8
Sheep and cows spotted - too many to count





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb