Edinburgh and Linlithgow


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 24th 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We went to visit Gina and Craig today. They came over to our wedding a few years ago. We started to walk to Corstorphine, but ended up hailing a taxi. Luckily so, they were another 10km or so away. Gina was so excited to see us. She ended up in tears. We went inside and had a chat and some lunch, before they took us to Linlithgow Palace for a look. This is the Stewart Kings location, and it was so good to see. It was greta to be able to look throughout the palace. In through all the rooms and imagine what life may have been like. One thing for sure, they were much shorter than we are now. The door openings etc were about 6 feet from ground to top, and I had to bend over to get through them. The history here was great, as were all the explanations. I am so glad we we were able to visit this Palace.

We also looked at the Church of St Michael next door. The stained glass windows were so impressive. They had a lot of information on the history of the church, and it was one still in use, which was pretty good to know. Definitely one of the better ones we have seen.

We started to head back via the Forth Bridges, so I could get some photos. It is just amazing that the rail bridge is one of the first ever, and it’s still going strong, whereas the thirty year old one next to it is starting to rust our and the authorities don’t know what they should do with it.

After the visit to the bridges, we went out for team at the Carvery, one of Gina and Craigs favourite places. The meal was absolutely lovely, and the atmosphere great. If we were to stay in Edinburgh longer, I’m sure we would have gone there again. After tea, Gina and Craig dropped us off at the hotel, shed a tear or two and headed back home, while we went inside for a good nights sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb