Edinburgh Sights


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 22nd 2006
Published: August 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today will not be as long a blog as the others. Mainly because we spent in in central Edinburgh seeing the local sights.

We started with our lovely Scottish breakfast (Cereal and BEST - Bacon, Egg, Sausage and Tomato) then readied ourselves for a big day walking. My legs were still very swollen, but I wasn't going to stay in the hotel all day.

We started at the start of Princess St and walked until we were able to find the Hop On Hop Off tour bus, which ended up being at the Royal Mile. For anyone visiting, this would have to be a must see. It took us around the Edinburgh CBD area showing and explaining all the monuments and attractions. It was even narrated by Sean Connery. It showed us so much more than we knew was here and explained the history of most of it as well. We ended getting off near the Scott Monument (almost a full lap) and started browsing and taking photos. We made notes that we had to see Hollyrood House, Middle Earth, the Brittania and a few other bits and pieces that I'm sure will be mentioned further on.

Most of this day was spent with our mouths wide open just trying to take in all that Edinburgh had to offer. I mentioned to Nicole that Hong Kong, even though it was so big and buysy, didn't have many of those wow moments. Edinburgh is full of them. One other thing that impressed me was the fact this was the second day here and it was the low 20's in temperature and the sun was out all day. So much for Scotlands 300 days of rain a year! The weather is perfect for us.

That was pretty much it for the day, except for a return to Hard Rock for tea and this time I took the tripod with me for decent night photos of the different structures etc, which came out real good. It wasn't a late night for us this time, because we had been up so late each day of the holiday, that it is really catching up on us now. We also have another early start for the tour to St Andrews tomorrow.

Advertisement



26th August 2006

Your holiday.
Hope your ankles settle down Kyle and don't give you any bother. Not being airborne and the cooler weather should help. Man Heathrow must have been a pain. Loved reading about Guangzhou - we have been there too and it's a real eye opener. It's hard work isn't it....all the travelling and sight seeing. You are both going to need a holiday when you get home - to get over your holiday!! LOL A Vonnie XXX

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb