Day trips galore


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
July 26th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,

We just finished a couple of crazy day trips. Yesterday we went out to Perth (to see Scone palace) and to Pitlochry (to visit the Edradour distillery). We've done soooo much walking - we figure we get atleast 40km a day (especially the past few days). You should see our legs- they're getting super toned! Yesterday - after a tour of the distillary our tourguide offered to walk back to the main town with us via a shortcut through the woods (on the way there we took the much longer way (1 hour of walking uphill!). It was really cool, he was wearing a kilt and we saw an apparently rare red deer!
The weather here's been unusually hot - every local we run into tells us it hasn't been this hot in years (but I still don't thinks it's nearly as bad as what you guys are getting there.) But let me tell you - when you spend hours walking through the hot sun - you really wish you could do laundry more than once a week!
Hope everyone is doing good in balmy Alberta - and keep writing us - you guys are slowing down!

Love,
Alex and Tamara

Advertisement



27th July 2006

Just thought you guys should know that when you get back, I dont want to hang out with you anymore. Maybe Ill wave to you at the mall though. Maybe. Hump a few sheep for me Alex , I heard thats what you Scotsmen do over there. Ayyyyyyyy.
27th July 2006

Hey there
sounds like ur having fun and probably getting a good tan too , sounds like u guys smell though being in the sun and only doing laundry once a week. i went to Capital x it was good they still had all the klondike themed stuff. Shanna set up an e mail for me its [francinebrown87@hotmail.com] so that u could e mail me. anywayz have fun and ewwww on your McDonalds day, stay safe ansd do lots of exploring and picture taking . love fran
27th July 2006

WOOOOOOOO! Scotland!
=) Glad to hear that you guys are having a good time. . . . I can't even begin to comprehend how much there must be to see and do over there! It's been crazy hot here (as you must know) but it's great! Have you seen any of those crazy black and white birds. . puffins?? I think that's what they are. . . . you two are gonna have some mighty crazy leg moose-cals by the time you get back! It'll be awesome! Alex have you bought a kilt yet?? You'll have some killer legs to show off. . . all the ladies will be jealous! =) McHaggis. . . . .uhhh *shudder* what does it taste like?? if you say just like chicken I won't believe you! and tamara good job with the cool and adventurous scrambled eggs! I'm so with you on that one! Can't wait for your next update! Have fun! Be safe . . . and have a drink for us! =)

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb