National Gallery of Scotland, another Pub, a movie and Kama Sutra


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
January 31st 2013
Published: January 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

On this sunny but windy day, Charles and I started the afternoon with the Portrait Gallery of Scotland. There, as expected, we saw a bunch of nice paintings. Afterwards we had HighTea and the Gallery cafe. Next we walked around a bit and ended up in a pub. As we sat and drank I noticed that there was an advertisement for a Super Bowl party that will be held this Sunday. It turns out that the Superbowl is popular in Edinburgh, especially at this pub. So if you have five pounds to spare and you find yourself in Edinburgh stop by the Golf Tavern and watch the game. Tell them Jeff sent you and you may get a free package of shrimp-flavored crisps. After the pub we went to the Odeon cinema to see "zero dark thirty" Both of us like the film but we also had to pee really bad because of all the lager we drank. We both issued a sigh of relief when the movie finished--actually we issued our sighs of relief as soon as we made it to the loo. By the time we left the cinema it was 10:45pm and the restaurant we wanted to go to closed at 11pm. We arrived at the restaurant at 10:55 but the owner said he would still serve us. The food was excellent. Because of this and because the owner was kind enough to feed us at this late hour, I left a big tip. This seemed extra appropriate because the name of the restaurant is Kama Sutra. Tomorrow Stirling Castle and then on to Inverness for three nights of searching for the Loch Ness Monster or for more lager.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb