Off to the Land of Kilts, Haggis, SCOTCH, and Hanna's University!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 10th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

August 10

We hoofed it back to the train station and headed for the airport. Off to Edinburgh! Some of you may not know that Hanna spent a school year here when she and Bryan first met. After refreshing and refueling we began to explore. It just so happened that it was the Edinburgh Fringe Festival - along with a handful of other festivals - which is the world’s largest arts festival. Needless to say the city was absolute madness. It is said that the population of Edinburgh triples during the festival which is pretty impressive since there are over 400,000 thousand permanent residents in Edinburgh.

We walked around the old city and the University of Edinburgh and found Hanna’s old flat. We also happened upon a craft beer pub that served many Scottish craft beers and even Oregon brews; more on that later. Since we were staying in student accommodations we could finally cook our own food which believe it or not we were looking forward to!

We topped the night off with the night time show of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo at the Edinburgh Castle – this was such a phenomenal experience in an incredible setting!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb