Hallowe'en


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
October 31st 2011
Published: October 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy Hallowe'en!!
In honor of halloween I went, with a couple of the girls who work with me at the cafe, to the Edinburhg Dungeon! It was a delightfully frightful experience. It was a guided tour, where each section had a different guide who told a tale of horror and bloodshed from the area. It was very good. Halloween is not a huge holiday over here and as a consequence we only got 8 trick or treaters (a group of 3 and a group of 5). That being said they have a very different custom over here. Instead of just ringing doorbells and yelling trick or treat (or like I have notice many kids do, just stand at the door and hold open their bags and stare at you) the children over here earn their treats. The first group of children told jokes, Why did the zombie go to the dentist? ... To improve his bite. The other group sung a song, I can't remember all of it something about a pumpkin patch, then ...give us a penny if you don't have a penny a sweet will do, if you don't have a sweet then God bless you!
Shortly after the second group it started to rain really hard so I think that detered people even more, I would rather run through the snow then a torrential downpour for candy!

Advertisement



31st October 2011

Hallowe'en
What a great entry. No snow or rain in Calgary so we are hoping for a lot to trick or treaters. Love Mom

Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb