EDINBURGH


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
May 20th 2009
Published: May 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well this was the first puke of the trip not bad almost 2 weeks in hahaha. I woke up alright but then after awhile i had to get it outta me. I ran to the bathroom but it was closed up tight so i managed to get most of it in the trash outside!!! HAHAHA and you cant really be quiet in the Belford because everything echoes like a mothafuka. Ha so i went back to bed for a bit to get over this. Never worked so i got up and went out to find a good place for some breaky. Well i wasnt into walking at all so i sat at the bus stop down the raod for like 20 mins. PUKEd again to the horror of some old ppl but this time it was the yellow real sick kind. I felt like a train wreck all those chips came out of me and i could even taste that Scottish beer flavor on my breathe. Sorry hopefully i havent ruined anyones appetites ha. Eventually after walking over town for half an hour i settled on this place called il Greco which was run by one Greek guy. Nice spot, read the paper and had my tea and orange juice awaiting my bread and meat!!! Most of the traditional breakys over here are similar except they have Scottish sausage and Black pudding so it was a real guy buster. I couldnt finish it if i tried. He asked me if something was wrong and i was no no no and then he was like u were in the drink last night hahaha i couldnt have lied if i tried. He left me alone in the shop like 4 times it was hillarious. Something that would never happen back home.
Then i was off to find out what Edinburgh was all about. The biggest thing in the city is for sure the castle. It just dominates the foreground which is quite impressive. Love how powerful it looks amongst the city. So i treked up the hill to go investigate. I walked around there for awhile then went back down the Royal mile amongst the legions of tourists!! I hate being a tourist sometimes but you gotta do what you gotta do. Found some of Simons fav whisky that they stopped making so i had to get in touch with him to let him know they still had some at the Whisky experience place. They had a ride there like the haunted mansion at disneyland. One thing i found out really quick was that Edinburgh was like a giant city of horror. Everywhere you went they sold it. Tourists just ate that shit up. Not me i wasnt falling for it. I went over to the library and did my usual thing Email Facebook and blog. GOD bless the Library all these bastards trying to make a buck off something, it gets annoying after awhile. Its like 2 pounds an hour which is like 4 bucks so not terrible but it adds up when u have so much stuff to do every damn day. Plus you have to book train and bus way ahead or your gonna be paying double to quadroople the price. So after a couple hours here I went to the Royal Museum which was free as well. Gotta love it. Tons of great stuff here on Scotlands history. They had the first clone in the world somewhere but i never ended up finding it. Got lotsa pics. I spent so much time in there i started to fall asleep from seeing things over and over again so i had to change speeds quick.
Off i went to see the underground of the royal mile at this tourist spot called the Real Mary's Close. They got me on a tour in like 10 mins and off we were to see the underbellies of the city. This girl tour guide was pretending to be from the 1600's and was kinda funny. She tried to scare us the whole time telling us stories of exorcism and stuff like that. It was kinda hocus pocus but i went along with it. We went all around and saw this one room where they had drywall still up with horse hair and ppl hair as well for strength in the construction. The room that was in ppl say that they feel nips at their legs from a child who was left to die there. Another cool thing was the doctors. They wore a mask with a huge long beek on it when they came by to operate on victims of the Bubonic Plague. They also wore a thick dark leather jacket so u can see where all this imagery for superheroes and fantasy came from. We ended up in the most recent part of it where a family had been living there untill the early 1900's but were booted out by the city. They had a toilet in the house which the man used to get ppl to pay to use it. Another thing was that the paint had arsenic in it so we wernt allowed in the room. Not worth 9 pounds even though i got the student discount.
After that i treked down to the grocery store. Made my supper of stirfry and sausages, had my tea and was quite happy to get to bed by around 1ish.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Convenant Convenant
Convenant

very cool to see the ppl of scotland standing up against the church
Real marys closeReal marys close
Real marys close

NO PHOTOS hahaha


Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0971s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb