Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh, Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
March 7th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Decided we may as well start close to home. Edinburgh Castle was our first stop on a fairly dreich day in Edinburgh at the beginning of March 2008.

Edinburgh has to be one of the nicest capital cities in the world, and that's without the bias that it's my hometown. It's absolutely full of history but it's also one of Europe's trendiest cities. Nowhere is that any clearer than the city centre where you can go shopping on in Jenners on Princes Street or Harvey Nichols just along the road for the latest designer clothes or sit out in the gardens for lunch on one of Scotland's 2 permitted sunny days per year, and you're always under the watchful eye of Edinburgh Castle which at it's oldest part, dates back to the 12th Century.

So, off Prince's Street where you've bought your designer suit, up the Royal Mile to an 800 year-old castle which sits on top of a dormant volcano, overlooking the headquarters of some of Scotland's biggest financial powerhouses and the rest of the city, there is no better blend of old and new.


999 still to see

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb