Stuck in the middle of transit with you


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
May 12th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Red Square in GlasgowRed Square in GlasgowRed Square in Glasgow

Red Square in Glasgow
Monday, May 12th.

Well, here we are in Edinburgh, Scotland at midnight, reflecting on our first travel day. It was a LONG first 24 hours, being that we were on the plane heading out of Toronto by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday. We arrived in Scotland time, in Glasgow, at 5:30 a.m. We left our luggage at the train station and walked around Glasgow for a few hours. Our first taxi ride will be our first story. The taxi driver, Eric Egan, was the brother of Steelers Wheels' lead singer Joe (as a reference, think of "Stuck in the Middle with you")...or at least that's who he said he was. He told us about how the song was selected for the movie "Reversoir Dogs"....that story we'll tell you about in person.

The architecture is absolutely beautiful. The ride here to Edinburgh wasn't even 45 minutes. The people (so far) are quite friendly. No extreme thick accents that I haven't been able to understand as of yet. And if you really need to know, there is Starbucks, Pizza Hut and Subway availble for a little of the North American grubs.

Tomorrow, we will be heading out on our Highlands tour,
Red Square in Glasgow 2Red Square in Glasgow 2Red Square in Glasgow 2

Red Square in Glasgow 2
checking out Stirling, Loch Ness, Glencoe etc. We're hoping that it will be as beautiful as we've pictured it! More details to come!

The plan on Wednesday will be to check out the castles back here in Edinburgh and perhaps a Ghost tour too!

"Til next time!"

D'Arcy and Ivan


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb