Not long now...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
April 13th 2008
Published: April 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Here's where the party's at!


My departure date of Fri 18 April is nail-bitingly imminent!

I am to be away for 12 months, on a round the world trip with my good friend Kerry. Travelling around the globe eastwards, we plan to visit 4 continents, 16 nations and countless cities and provinces the world over. When going so far, for so very long, now seems an important time to enjoy the very best of home - so there's been nothing else for it but devouring fish suppers, guzzling irn bru, and being glued to the box watching River City. Is it any wonder the boy's proud to be Scottish?!

But seriously folks, on Fri 11 April, both Kerry and I enjoyed the very best of company - our nearest and dearest, friends and colleagues, all joined us for a leaving bash at The Wash Bar on the Mound, Edinburgh. I for one had a terrific night and was so pleased that so many were able to pop along for a farewell tipple. My music playlists were, shall we say, a "talking point" (serious fromage, all night long!) but hopefully everyone had fun. Kerry's birthday occurs not long in to the trip so it was also an opportunity for many to celebrate her big THREE-O! (Oops, KT, sorry for revealing your age!) Here are some pictures from the night. Helluva a lot of me - sorry about that! Cheers folks for the great send off!

Well, it really is not long now... we might not have left Heathrow on that first flight to Lusaka/Zambia (please BAA - not through terminal 5!), but personally, I do feel the journey, in a small way, already beginning. There's been a huge amount of preparation - vaccinations, booking flights, organising tours, projects and accommodation - and its all just coming together. Only a couple more sleeps and the overture of farewells will fade and the drone of aeroplane engines will be ringing in our ears. Oh I can't wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Colin, Simon and meColin, Simon and me
Colin, Simon and me

Is that a pesky Sarra popping her head in??


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb