Edinburgh, here we come!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
July 28th 2005
Published: February 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Six days on the bus
Lots of castles and battles
History galore!

We’ve been on the road about an hour already. We stopped once for a swing swing bridge because a boat wanted to pass through. Then we briefly stopped at a well - the Seven Headed Well. Now we’re stopped in a traffic jam because of an accident. Only 10 minutes and now it is a bathroom break before we start heading off again, perhaps on another walkabout or hike?? Yup, a short walk to a cemetery.

We did more driving before stopping for a coffee break at a waterfall. Then it was lunch at Kingcuisse at a pub. Then we did some more driving...I like how I use the royal “we”. Lol We stopped briefly to see some hairy cows and took one last group shot together.

More driving and we made it into Edinburgh at about 5:30. I made plans to meet up with Shannon and Rebecca at the Haggis office for dinner before meeting the rest of the gang at Finnegan’s Pub.

Back at the hostel it was too funny that as I was unpacking my bag, Katie and Caroline walk into the
Group shot by the bus.Group shot by the bus.Group shot by the bus.

Left to right, back to front: Shaifali, nathan, Madhuri, Bon, Margaret (you can barely see her behind me), "Mom", Ludmilla, Rebecca, Cate, Gareth, Katie, Valerie, Natalia, Amelie, ?, ?, Catherine, May, Mike, Melissa, Gary, Dave, "Dad", Alex, Shannon, Kaz, Jean, Mals and Hayley.
same dorm I’m staying in! How funny is that?

I met up with Shannon, Rebecca and Gary at the Haggis office and we walked around a bit looking for a place to eat. We found a few restaurants but they were all booked up. We eventually found a nice Mexican Restaurant that wasn’t too, too full. Possibly because it was a little on the pricier side. But I figured I haven’t spent all that much in the last week that having a nice dinner out would not be unreasonable.

As luck would have it, the restaurant was only a few doors down from Finnegan’s Wake so we were there in a blink of an eye. We were one of the first ones there. Most people showed up for our last get together as a group and it was fun. As per usual Hayley and Jeannie were drunk off their faces and apparently after Finnegan’s Wake closed they were looking for other places to go to and were refused entry. They made fools of themselves and others were feeling bad for them. They crossed the line when they started getting abusive with the bouncers. Gareth - Mr. Calm -
At Finnegan's Wake.At Finnegan's Wake.At Finnegan's Wake.

Catherine, Amelie, Valerie, Gareth, Alex and Dave.
even got angry. That’s how bad it got. Guess their ages are starting to show when you see (or in this case hear about) such behaviour. Mals was a bit out of it and so was Cate - lots to drink, that’s for sure! But at least those two are not obnoxious…just “snugglie” type…harmless. Being my usual sober self it was all quite amusing. Alex was really cute. She was pretty quiet throughout the trip but last night she was more outgoing and just plain cute. I only stuck around til about midnight since Shannon had to get back to her hostel by that time or else she would have been locked out of her hostel.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Still at Finnegan's Wake.Still at Finnegan's Wake.
Still at Finnegan's Wake.

Katie, Bon, Shannon, Alex, Cate, Dave, Mals and Kaz.
One last parting shot at Finnegan's Wake.One last parting shot at Finnegan's Wake.
One last parting shot at Finnegan's Wake.

Shannon, Cate, Ludmilla, Natalia, Mike, Mals, Jean, Hayley, Rebecca, Mike, Bon, Katie and Kaz.


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb