First Blog!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

so now that you are here you can click on subscribe (i think its at the bottom of the page) and it should email you everytime i blog. at least that is the plan. if you have a spam filter etc. then add updates@travelblog.org and webmaster@travelblog.org to your list of emails to NOT block and it should be fine.

so we aren't really doing much. i think i have the worst jetlag i have ever had, i slept fine the first nite, and then about 15 hours the second nite and then 5 last nite.

haven't really seen any friends yet. most people are actually out of town right now, either for the whole summer or just trips home.

I am starting a temp job on monday, back at the NHS but with different people. Its a six month post, but i am only committed for the first three weeks, then i can give notice at any time and they will put a new temp in. not that unusual, that is how i ended up there the first time (taking over for a girl who was leaving) so that should allow me to relax and start job hunting for something permanent without as much financial pressure. this job pays 75 pence an hour more than the last one i had there as well so its good all around. but i have to pay taxes now so i won't actually be taking as much home.

Our biggest concern right now is flats. now that we are both going to be working full time we have no idea when we can even look! I do have one viewing set up for monday afternoon (i had it set up when i was offered the job so i told them in advance i would need the afternoon off) that seems a little too-good-to-be-true. its a great part of town, close to the campus for simon, on the same street as our favourite chinese place and a really nice grocers (grocers basically sell produce. and sometimes nuts and fresh herbs). its also pretty quiet. its a quick walk from both a multiplex and my favourite independent theatre. and its at the lower end of our budget! so now i just have to not be blinded by all that when i go see it, because there has got to be a reason its so cheap.

ok, well thats all for now.

Advertisement



10th June 2007

well...
The thing about that flat is even if there is a reason it is cheap, there are ton of reasons for you two personally that it shouldnt be! so keep that in mind, because it sounds good and sometimes that comes with a little bad! just check bugs and mold and youre good to go! good luck!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb