Hogmanay Concert


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
January 1st 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

My friends and I decided to go out in the freezing weather to celebrate a New Year's Eve in style. We first had a house party at Yonella's apartment in central Edinburgh with a few friends from South Africa and London.

Although we soon learned that the Edinburgh Hogmanay Concert had been canceled due to adverse weather, we still went out to the streets in numbers. The atmosphere was electrifying and people were genuinely kind and loaded with fun. We met very fine individuals while out there and made many friends. I and Steven however decided to leave the other group at a club a few minutes before mid-night. That's when the REAL fun began!!!

We mingled and celebrated with so many people and the mood was overwhelmingly joyous! We met a group of Brazilians and three folks from South Africa (Cape Town) - what a wonderful experience to meet homies so many miles away from home. Although the blokes were a little tipsy, we managed to reminisce about our lovely country and new democracy. I was intrigued by their interest in South African politics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Sthe, Steven & the BOYZ!!!Sthe, Steven & the BOYZ!!!
Sthe, Steven & the BOYZ!!!

These were the four craziest boys in town!!!
Sthe and Steven in the streets with a bunch of wild people!!!!Sthe and Steven in the streets with a bunch of wild people!!!!
Sthe and Steven in the streets with a bunch of wild people!!!!

The board thingie, I have no idea whose idea it was.
Yeah Rite...Yeah Rite...
Yeah Rite...

Steven and I didn't know this person.. and she was really CRAZY!!! Great entertainer!
Yoni & FRENZ!!!Yoni & FRENZ!!!
Yoni & FRENZ!!!

What a confusing face right there!
Yeah Rite! Yeah Rite!
Yeah Rite!

Although it was freezin', the Hogmanay concert promised to be a success. This is just a few hours before the ACTUAL fun!!!
Busi, Sthe & YoniBusi, Sthe & Yoni
Busi, Sthe & Yoni

This place was really COLD!!! Believe me...
Bathathe Steven Mfana Boy!!Bathathe Steven Mfana Boy!!
Bathathe Steven Mfana Boy!!

I know he doesn't even remember the names of these "people"!
Steven and frenz!!!!!Steven and frenz!!!!!
Steven and frenz!!!!!

Amazing how many friends Steven made that nite alone! I lost count.. I wonder if he recalls.
Steven and our frenz from Brazil...Steven and our frenz from Brazil...
Steven and our frenz from Brazil...

I wish you could here the song they were singing... Sounded very much like Shosholoza!!!
Yoni, Busi, StheYoni, Busi, Sthe
Yoni, Busi, Sthe

We had to walk a long trip looking for coffee.. Finally Steven and Busi spotted a place.. What a relief for "me"!


4th March 2011
ZIYAWA!!!!

If you say ziyawa what does that mean to those peolple who are wacthing this photo and where it happen you don't even show us that where it ziyawa i mean the place. I only look for people looks like dancing only.

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb