Uddingston


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire
May 14th 2018
Published: May 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Whoever says the Sun rarely shines in Scotland, don’t believe them! The past three days have been absolutely superb!

On Saturday, after a detour to an O2 store to get a SIM card sorted and a superb coffee, we headed for the William Wallace Monument at Abbey Craig Stirling. After climbing the ascent to the base of the monument, we decided we had to tackle the 246 spiral steps to ascend 67 metres to the top. The views are magnificent and definitely worth the effort. On the way up there are exhibitions which are interesting to read and provides an opportunity for a breather. Wallace’s sword is now there 1.67m long!!

On to lunch at Gleneagles Golf Club and another great coffee (aye Felicity). Massive complex! After a brief visit to the Famous Grouse Distillery, we drove back to Doune via Loch Earn and Callendar. We just had to stop for a beer at the Lade Inn. A special place for our friends ?. We farewelled Doune Sunday morning after some tasty curry at Mr Singh’s India Gate Sat night.

Sunday we headed towards Glasgow to visit with our cousin, John, in Uddingston. A short walk to Bothwell Castle and Bothwell Castle Golf Club. We played there today in beautiful sunshine 19C. What a lovely course. Not a long course but definitely not easy. Hopefully when we tackle it again tomorrow, we’ll learn from our mistakes today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



14th May 2018

well done Susie. Those photos & comments bring back wonderful memories. Glad you have put the start of the trip behind you.
15th May 2018

Looks fantastic - we had great weather when we were in Scotland - might have taken it with us! No surprise that the sword is taller than me, but it looks to be about your height! Tough to wield. Enjoy your holiday.
15th May 2018

Blue skies
So glad you have great weather. The skies look so blue. Enjoy! Xx

Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb