Summertime - Are We Having Fun Yet?


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Spirit Of SummerSpirit Of SummerSpirit Of Summer

These girls definitely have plenty of that spirit in abundance as an audience of one looks embarassingly on!
"It's summertime and the living is easy!" Those carefree lazy seemingly endless hot days we remembered from when we were kids have returned. The warm sunshine absent for too long, feels good again on our pale northern skin, slowly reddening from the burst of UV exposure. All our cares and worries disappear for a short while and it feels so good to be alive! We smile for no other reason but purely for the sake of it! The long dark days of winter are banished behind us and are but just a distant memory, it's time now to have a little fun and indulge our long dormant and too often overlooked childhood selves again!

The air is mixed with the sounds of children's laughter and the murmer of people catching up with old friends at the beer tent, along with the distant beat of the music from the local LIVE band "LOKI" playing to a small but appreciative audience! The familiar smokey scent of barbequed chicken and hamburgers wafts over the crowd tantalising them to come closer and sample what the guys have been creating all afternoon! The Stonehaven Charity fun day is in full swing. This is "Kevin's Day".

Sadly he is no longer around to enjoy it as he died a few years ago from Lukeaemia. The family fun day paying tribute to Stonehaven boy Kevin Humphreys, who died in 2001 aged 15, was held in the grounds of Mackie Academy where he went to school, it was set up in his memory by his grieving parents to honour his memory and raise money for cancer charities! So touching to see how the family made something positive from such a negative experience! I'm sure Carol Humphrey's boy would have loved everything she has done in his name and to see so many thousands of people with a similar zest for life and sense of fun coming together and having a great day out in the sunshine!


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Burger - SapianBurger - Sapian
Burger - Sapian

The Cheese burger doesn't stand a chance!
Free Falling!Free Falling!
Free Falling!

A Golden Lion Parachute display team member leaves the aircraft circling high over Stonehaven.
SaluteSalute
Salute

The Humphrey's family accept the British Army Golden Lions parachute team salute!


4th July 2010
Dog Day Afternoon!

Dog Days!
I love this picture! Thanks for posting!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb