Lochs of Lochs


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Loch Ness
October 1st 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Waking up the morning after the scary night before we go down for breakfast and tuck in. Steve talks about how much he hurts (which makes a change) and we are soon off!

What a start, the sky is blue, the sun is out and there is a light mist covering the mountains. After a few minutes we approach and start to drift down the long descend into Glen Coe Pass and 20minutes later we pull over to talk about the most amazing few miles of scenery we have witnessed (which when you think that Steve is 98 it must be quite something). Seriously it is a superb journey and was worth cycling the length of the country for just for that. Go visit.

We spend the rest of the days cycling along many Lochs - too many to remember the names of them all, and many small villages along the way. Our lunch today was supplied by our hotel the night before and we have it whilst looking down onto Loch Lomond. The weather today has been hot and sunny and so we feel the need to remove a few items of clothing - top half only. We get a few toots from motorists and females until Steve takes his top off, at which point a coach full of female OAP's start to take notice and eventually the police have to close the road to avoid any more accidents.

With lunch over we are off again. The drivers of vehicles of the motor variety are mad around here. People decide that they cannot possibly slow down, even at blind corners, and ther are more than a few near misses. At one point a couple of Harriers go over the Loch and for a minute it sounds like a car behind is skidding towards us and we fear it is the end, thankfully it is not and we arive in the evening at our place of rest, halfway along Loch Ness. I shall call the town Simon as I have no idea how to spell it's real name.

A short shower later we are in the pub where internet access is free with dinner (?) and Steve stands behind me watching Tottenham lose 3-1 at the moment. Every now and then he comes over to complain and ask for a fight - scary stuff. This shall cause him some embarrasment when back at work as I hope the whole of County Hall is reading this!!!!!!!!! Remember guys we are in this together. Oh, and some other ammo for you is that Steve LOVES Take That's Relight my fire, is a fan of shandy, loves his poodle dog thing, especially loves the Ice Cream Factory at Pizza Huts, , looks rather fetching in tight leggins AND GET THIS - he is always on the look out for Mandarin Merangue for pudding.......im out right now of anything else but il be sure to let you know of anything else in the near future.

John O Groats here we come!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb