I better have buns o' steel after today!


Advertisement
Published: February 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Katie and Kaz having fun rolling down the hills...Katie and Kaz having fun rolling down the hills...Katie and Kaz having fun rolling down the hills...

...filled with sheep poopie I might add! At least they were having fun!
Onward and upward
A couple of hilly treks
I’m really knackered.

We’ll be discovering the Isle of Skye today. The highlands are beautiful. Our first stop was at Sligachan where we were told a fairy story and the end of the story basically was this girl was told to dip her face in the water for seven seconds and her beauty would be restored (she had lost an eye.) So of course Mikey wanted us all to dip our faces in the ice cold water. No thanks! I’m not that vain. Lol Was interesting that all of the guys dipped their faces in the water and only a handful of girls did so.

Next stop: The Storr. Climb number one of the day. Of course up another hill! It was quite a long climb upwards. But at least this time round we got a great view that was different from the view from the bottom!

Oh yes, we did stop in Portree for about 45 minutes for a breakfast break and to pick up something for lunch. Apparently our bus driver Mike developed a crush on Rachel from the Skye textiles store. A beaut! But I didn’t see her myself. So he obsessed about her all day long…to be continued.

After a short lunch break on a hill top, we went onto yet another castle…name forgotten of course! Wait, I think it was Duntulm Castle? Not 100% on that one…

We then took another walk up a steep hill to talk to the fairies. It was a pretty nice walk even though it was uphill since the grassy terrain was easy to climb. Mind you it was a bit slippery in some parts.

We went back through Portree so Mikey could drop off a love note for Rachel. It was really funny. Mike was acting like a school kid trying to compose this simple note. He was taking so long that May and Rebecca made a little trip to the shop to see if she was still there. They rushed back because she was about to leave. But Mikey missed her and just left a note for her instead. The whole situation seemed so grade seven that it was very entertaining to watch.

We got back to the hostel about 7PM. I had a quick shower and then dinner with Rebecca and May at a local hotel. I had a Scotch and Ale Pie. Basically it was marinated beef with puff pastry on top. Rebecca shared her mussels with me and also let me try her Clottie Dumplings (bread in pudding) as well.

I only stayed out until 11PM and pretty much went straight to bed because I was just shattered.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb