Over the sea to Skye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Isle of Skye
September 12th 2018
Published: September 13th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Up early this morning to check out of our hotel, cross the road to the bus stations and find the Discover Scotland Tour to Skye and the Highlands.

Our delightful tour guide/bus driver is 26 year old Natalie. This minibus has a group of 6 Thai, 1 Canadian Californian, 2 Canadians, 2 French, 3 unknown and Tom and I.

We passed the kelpies, Stirling Castle, the Wallace Monument and Doune Castle again before stopping in Callander for a toilet/refreshment break. We then continued on our way, crossing Rannoch Moor, and Glencoe where the McDonalds were murdered all those years ago, and on to Fort William. Here we had time to withdraw some cash and have a spot of lunch before being put on the Jacobite Steam train to Mallaig. This was the train used for Harry Potter. We crossed the 21 arch Glenfinnan viaduct. The weather was crazy - bright sunshine one minute and raining the next. Typical Scottish weather.

At Mallaig we had time to look at some shops before meeting Natalie and boarding the ferry to Skye at 6pm. The crossing was quite rough but we didn’t mind at all. When we arrived at Armadale on Skye we still had a 30 minute drive to Kyleakin, and our accommodation, a delightful B&B. After settling in we had a five minute walk down the road to an Indian restaurant serving the best Indian food we’ve ever had!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb