Inverness 3


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Inverness
October 3rd 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, our last day in Inverness was the 30th. It was also the most eventful of our stay; it rained the rest of the time we were there. Note to self, if I want to travel the UK and Ireland again I should do it between April and September since those are the only months that it doesn't rain 28 days of the month. Ah, but when the sun comes out there's nothing prettier.

We went out to the Loch Ness. We haven't been anywhere in Scotland that hasn't been beautiful, especially when the sun is shining like it was that day. I'm pretty sure we saw Nessie... Or at least we think that she likes to play tricks with the tourists and follows behind tour boats. (No comments about boat wakes :P) Even if we didn't get to see the monster, we did see a fighter jet flying low over the lake, twice. That made up for everything.

Later that night, we were watching a movie in the common room when we were joined by two other travellers: one Scottish and the other Dutch, both currently living in the same town in Holland. They told us of an adventure they had had that morning: they were in a pub getting a drink at 11:00 in the morning when they saw a commotion between a 70 year old man and a younger man. Apparently, the old man, who was already incredibly drunk, had somehow stolen £20 from the other man. The old man ignored the younger man trying to get his money back and started limping away with his cane. When the younger man tried to reach into the old man's pocket, the old man raised the cane in his left hand as if he were going to hit the other guy. When the young one looked at the cane, the crafty old drunk punched him square in the nose with his right fist. He then jumped on his motorized scooter and zipped around the street corner, making his getaway. Thinking back on it, the Scottish accent and the way it was told probably made the story much funnier than it reads here.

Anyway, we left Inverness early the next morning and spent another 8 hours on a bus getting to Liverpool. But that's Steph's entry so I'll be signing off. Only 11 days left! xxoo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb