Inverness


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Inverness
September 29th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey hey, everyone. We are in not-so-sunny Inverness now. The ride up on the bus was just as gray and rainy as the others, but oh the scenery! First of all, it seems that the landscape in the highlands is made for gray and rainy, but maybe that's just because of the time of year. Secondly, it is gorgeous. It's not something I can describe very well; there were so many huge evergreens, and the ferns were turning from green to orange to red. We crossed shallow, little streams every few minutes, and the top of the hills were hidden by thick clouds of mist. The city is a bit of a disappointment. We were hoping for a small, Scottish town and, instead, we have a fairly large port city. Eh, not that impressive.

Naturally, it's raining today so we're just taking time to explore the city. The River Ness is 5 minutes from the hostel, and it's neat to see even in the rain. We'll be heading towards the Loch Ness tomorrow, rain or shine. And we took Grammy's advice: Oh. My. Gracious. These scones with cream are amazing! A little raspberry in them and we're in heaven right now. I think I'm hooked; I would have these for breakfast and dessert everyday if I could. And, of course, we ate them with tea from the hostel. How British are we now?

Something else we've noticed: the water here is great for our hair. We don't even have to brush it out and there are still no tangles. Don't worry; we're still brushing 😊 Til tomorrow!

Advertisement



29th September 2010

Tea and Crumpets
Devonshire cream and preserves on scones with afternoon tea, are you fat on trifle yet? I imagine you both wearing sun hats and sipping tea from gold rimmed white china with your pinkies extended discussing how nice the Queen looked at her UN address. I also, for some reason, imagine you both close to 80 years old in this scenario. Regardless, I'm glad you two are having fun and experiencing so much. Take advantage of what time you have left. I miss you guys. Your friend, Patrick

Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb