Transit back to Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Fife
March 29th 2015
Published: April 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

After an easy morning across London and flight to Edinburgh its straight into a car - and beautiful sunshine in Scotland!! No, I'm serious, the sun was out.

So we've gone the long way around back to my old digs of 1997 in Kincardine village on the River Forth, home while I worked at the power station. This is a small miner's village, the mines operated from the '50s to about 2002 but it still describes the village. My old pub, Garvies is still the same just a different owner. The place was buzzing because the locals were warming up for the trip into town to watch Scotland play Gibralter and the word obviously passed around quickly "...there's some Australians 'ere in th' barrr" (imagine it with a thick Scottish accent).

We've taken the long way around into Edinburgh through Culross and over the big bridge over the Firth of Forth into Queensferry. Bless their hearts, the Scotts have done away with tolls!!

Tess is in love with the town and doesn't know where to look first.

After settling in to the apartment down near Holyrood Palace we've gone looking for a decent meal. After finding a nice looking restaurant and letting ourselves in the side door I went exploring to discover we were in the Balmoral Hotel, the bill also let me know but it was the best reindeer since I was last in Scotland and well worth it.

Some more stories and photos to come.

Al and Tess

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb