St. Andrews


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Fife » Saint Andrews
September 20th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have just arrived in St. Andrews and finally found time to set up our blog. So far....we have been many places (but that is for another blog). We pulled into St. Andrews the morning of September 20 and could not believe how pretty it was. The actual University is spread throughout the town, it is hard to distinguish University buildings from all the other buildings in town. Our dorm is called Wardlaw and it is a part of University Hall. Wardlaw is the only all girls dorm...standard. At first we were put into a beautiful room overlooking the ocean in the back corner of the castle. The room was so big it made our beds look tiny....pretty much a "princess room". Unfortunately, we are only international students, and got moved to the servants quarters. (not really but basically). Just our luck. We were clued in that this room really wasnt a normal dorm room when we did not have any closets.....weird. Anyway, we are trying to make the best of it by enjoying the town as much as we can. The town consists of three main streets: Market, North, and South. There are soo many fun little shops and places to eat. The town is quite cosmpolitian for its size.Right at the end of market street are the castle ruins and graveyard (which looks outs on the ocean) but the view is too beautiful to describe in words. There is also some little golf course....you might have heard of it. The golf course is right next to the beach which is sooo pretty and really big. Cheers!
Kati & Kelly



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



9th October 2008

I love your blog More pictures of Kelly please

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb