Arran


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Buteshire
August 15th 2016
Published: August 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Arran



Well after the late night, up early. Decided to have breakfast in the local café this morning. Some resistance by Himself at first regarding a breakfast with the “Organic” label and a promise he wouldn’t need to eat lentils in we went. It was lovely and the setting in the original basement kitchen with the original huge coal stove and concrete water tub tap still in place. Next Grant went to get the Avis car and we packed up to leave our “The club”. Back he came with the little Peugot. After a bit of trouble with the reverse we were off with a hiss and a roar. Even with the car GPS, the phone GPS and a paper map I fancy we took the long way out of Edinburgh. Managed to fine our way off the motorway to follow the B road. Heading towards the ferry at Androssan we passed through lots of little villages including Lanark and Strathaven. Still overcast and grey some of the villages were cute and some offered the potential as seen in “Homes Under the Hammer”. A reminder of summer was the many wildflowers and bramble roses growing on the side of the road. Note to Mrs Mathews – very smart golf courses in this part of the world!



All this rambling along caused us to miss the Androssan ferry to Lochranza on the Isle of Arran. Then found the next one running late. Rather large ferry about 200 cars. Some buggar clipped our wing mirror while loading, had a brief look for the car on board bit difficult as they are packed in pretty tight.… Thank goodness for insurance. Pleasant crossing with the company of many of my K9 friends. We finally reached our B&B Butt Lodge unpacked and went to the local pub for dinner…Venison and redcurrant pie. “No dogs allowed in during meal times”, a rule I didn’t notice being observed. Lovely light after dinner for photo taking. Hard to get used to it being light so late…


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb