Glencoe


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Argyll
August 4th 2010
Published: August 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Drove through Glencoe today. Absolutely incredible to see, especially with the history from the 1600s. There's a gorgeous waterfall and river (called Coe), running through it. It seems so quiet and we pulled over many times for pictures. We arrived at our hotel - completely wiped out and ready for dinner. There is an interesting custom here in the UK. Many places give you the menu and want you to order at the bar. Then they bring it to your table. You're still expected to tip!

We also made it to Loch Lomond-beautiful. There were a bother and sister jumping from the pier down into the Loch. It was colder that our lakes up north!

Our hotel was quite nice (2 separate rooms again) on 2 separate floors. At least we didn't have to share any beds with each other this time. Bonus of the hotel-laundry facilities. We were able to catch everything up on the wash for free. In London, it cost us roughly 7 pounds to do one load. We're not cheap but that's $11 for one load! Okay-after this trip...we're cheap.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb