Arrived and Settling In


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
September 18th 2006
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our new travel blog. We hope to post some photos and give everyone regular updates re: our adventures studying in Scotland.

We landed in Aberdeen in late afternoon local time on Friday the 15th of September 2006. We initially flew off from Montreal and after a bumpy landing in Paris that had most passengers clinging their armrests in terror. Ok, maybe not that bad, but pretty shaky indeed! Charles de Gaulle was quite nice... the best part: no fast food restaurants! We enjoyed a baguette sandwich and waited around for our flights to Aberdeen which went fine (I slept through the whole thing).

Upon arrival we got into our new flat which was surprisingly bigger than anticipated. We have a small lounge from which a kitchen, a bathroom and a bedroom branch off of... and the best part: we have it to ourselves! No internet in the room unfortunately, but we're on campus so there are plenty of wireless hotspots around which we can use to connect to the web.

Besides that, the city of Aberdeen is very cool... historic and very 'old'. It has a welcoming feel to it, which is nice. The Scottish are qutie friendly and the accent is not as difficult to master as I had expected... though itll be a while before I can try my hand at any imitations.

Aside from that, classes dont start for a while so we're just getting set up with all the admin stuff and getting over the jetlag.

Check out the Gallery for more pictures!

Justin and Leigh

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb