1st day of Macbackpackers


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
November 1st 2005
Published: May 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok! So today was our first official day of Macbackpackers.com. We were introduced to our tour guide for the next 5 days Neil. Not only is he extremely funny but he wears a kilt, with nothing under it!! and PLEASE DO NOT ask me how i found out. haha.. Anyways.. it was finally time to get out of that mental insitution and on to bigger and better things. MOst of us n the trip went however there were a select few that decided to stay back with professor sands and take their own whirlwind tour of scotland...

Day 1.. Neil explained to us that he loves to travel the world, and he absoltely loves his job. His accent is so hard to understand sometimes because he talks to gosh darn fast! Also, how he actually traveled to Pennsylvania because he used to have a girlfriend there! He was telling us funny stories about the susquehanna river and ski-do'in.. He didnt think it was funny. lol.. But anyways...

Our first stop was a hike in dundee or perth. i forget the name of the town, but it was beautiful and relaxing. After being crammed on the bus it was nice to stretch out our legs. He we took some pictures of the roaring water and the group, and then made our way back to the bus...It is fascinating how green and moist it is here. It actually makes everything look enchanted.

After the hike we made our way to the smallest whiskey distillery in scotland.. and beleive me when i say small, it was small! but we got a free shot of whiskey before we evan stopped for lunch! haha guess thats how the scots do it... After a breif over view on how they make the whiskey we stopped at the store to buy some lunch and bring it back on the bus. We made our way thru the mountains, and although we were on the bus most of the time today, i cant even describe in words the scenery surrounding us.

Before it got dark, we stopped and drank hot chocolate (WITH WHISKEY!!!) in a nearbby run-down castle. Although it was really cold.. we still had a blast and it is something i will never forget. The rest of the night was spent making our way up to Inverness for the next two nights, where we will be visitng loch ness.. andthe rest of inverness. Wish me Luck! and enjoy the pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Castle we drank hot choc in!Castle we drank hot choc in!
Castle we drank hot choc in!

and yes we had to climb that hill!!


21st May 2006

Hmmmm
Hey, I was just browsing through the web site and seen you mcbackpackers entry, I work for mcbackpackers, and its good to see that people are enjoying the trecks and spreading the word, Ta! Steve

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb