The Travel Blog begins!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
July 6th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

There's no better time, there's no better place. It is what we keep telling people and its the truth! Mongolia beckons, many mysteries and unknowns are to come; all whipped up by the spirit of adventure, survival, historical power, deserts, mountains and mutton. So we've signed up, there's no going back, see you all in mongolia. First round of mutton dumplings on us!

Its taken 5 months of preparation to get this far. There have been times we're its been a little hectic and when surges of wondrous excitement are replaced with groans of 'its just not possible; the more I think about it, the more can go wrong..'. The History Boys are onboard now more than ever, for this we must give thanks to our supporters and sponsors - without them we would not be anywhere near the position we're in now.



Along with all our personal sponsors (via justgiving.com and through other mean - you all know who you are) we would like to thank:



Cotswold Outdoor (Adventuring and Mountainnering branch in Durham City) - Cotswold's have been phenomenal. Along with endorsement on the side of our engimatic van Cotswolds have taken care of the survival side of things. Anything survival wise you can think of, Cotswolds have donated it (from tents to First Aid Kits, from gas cookers to water purfication systems, to shoes and torchs - the list goes on!) We expect to feature brightly on their website during our travels and over the coming summer months.



Fred Henderson Breakdown Doctor - Fred and his team run a proffesional breakdown service and garage in Durham City. They have been invaluable in really getting behind us, taking us through the ABC's of the Ford Transit! It's establishments like Fred's that really make us feel more confident for the mammoth task ahead!



CLS Dual Fuels - Another proffessional outfit, specialising in LPG conversion of vehicles. CLS have fitted us in among their busy schedules and made sure that the LPG tank in our van is in tip top condition for the road ahead.



We've raised over double the target for Save the Children (over £2000) - this is fantastic and we have everyone to thank - you know who you are! However we are still taking donations so you can still help this great cause. If you can lend a hand and donate to the Kids then log on at...

http://www.justgiving.com/historyboys

Look out for major updates on the road, right here on our blog!

Wishing you the best of English summers,

As ever,



The History Boys

Hugo, Hugo and Simon



Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb