Easter


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It was a beautiful Easter morning, blue skies and everything. We got ready and headed out to find an Easter service to attend. St. Machar’s Cathedral is where we ended up for a traditional Catholic Mass. The cathedral was gorgeous - aside from being surrounded by very old, kind of creepy tombstones. There was a large organ and a beautiful choir. Holy Communion was passed around in one cup and we were near the back…. trying not to think about germs =)

It was too beautiful to go indoors, so we grabbed some picnic food (of course ham and chocolate for Easter) and walked down to the beach. It wasn’t the kind of beach you would strip down and take a swim, but we had a good picnic and found some rocks and shells and Aaron wrote in the sand….spelled Sarah - “SARHA” - special.

The afternoon was a time to relax, laundry, homework, personality tests, etc. Pool in Europe is weird - the balls are tiny and so are the tables. But it was still fun to play. Kelly’s roommate made some amazing Indian food (the super hot - clear your sinuses kind) and invited us all to share. We talked and laughed and learned a lot about Indian customs and traditions. It was a good night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

In the cemetary OutsideIn the cemetary Outside
In the cemetary Outside

This is Jacob(Kelly's friend from school), Kelly, Sarah, and Aaron
Kris and SarahKris and Sarah
Kris and Sarah

on the beach, how cute


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb