A Visitor!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
November 24th 2006
Published: November 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kings CollegeKings CollegeKings College

Me standing in front of the King's College building here on campus.
Well we have been here almost 3 months now, settling in nicely and getting back into the swing of things with school! We have also been a bit busy which is why we haven't much time to report back to the blog. But I head to Edinburgh for a day next week, so I will try to take some pictures there! But anyway, we sometimes think back to Canada, friends, family, memories...that sort of thing. And so it was really great to have a familiar face from home here in Aberdeen, even if it was only for a few days!

Elissa a friend from Uni in Ottawa (for those of you not from Ottawa) passed through Aberdeen to visit on her whirlwind tour of Scotland this week and it was quite a lot of fun. It brought us back to when we first arrived and our reactions to the city, the people, the buildings and of course the accent! And it was quite refreshing to see someone else react and love it just as much (if not more! ) then we do!

Here are some photos Elissa and I took of her time here!




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Kings CollegeKings College
Kings College

Elissa standing in front of the entrance to the auditorium and hall for the Kings College building.
Kings CollegeKings College
Kings College

Kings College at night
Slains CastleSlains Castle
Slains Castle

This is the pub we took Lis to on her last night. It's an old church, transformed into a semi-gothic pub. It have some beautiful wood-work inside. History: It's named after the real Slains Castle, which was the castle that brought about the creation of "Dracula".
Slains Castle -bathroomSlains Castle -bathroom
Slains Castle -bathroom

In this pub there are two main bathrooms. This one downstairs in in the bookcase...pretty awesome!
Slains CastleSlains Castle
Slains Castle

Lis and Justin : Beers in Slains!
Sticky Toffee PuddingSticky Toffee Pudding
Sticky Toffee Pudding

Traditional Scottish dessert soaking in toffee! mmmmm mmmmmmmm drooling....
Sticky Toffee PuddingSticky Toffee Pudding
Sticky Toffee Pudding

I can't get enough of sticky toffee pudding....
Marischal CollegeMarischal College
Marischal College

This building is in the city centre, but is part of the Uni of Aberdeen. It serves many functions, for example there is a museum inside, and when Justin and I graduate it's held here.
Marischal CollegeMarischal College
Marischal College

Same building...as the sun sets. History: Apparently if Hitler was "successful" in maintaining his presence as a "super dictator", he was going to take over Marischal and use as one of his homes.
Marischal CollegeMarischal College
Marischal College

Lis and I before we ventured into the college.
Marischal CollegeMarischal College
Marischal College

Part of one of the exhibits in the college museum.
Marischal CollegeMarischal College
Marischal College

Closer up...
Christmas in Aberdeen!Christmas in Aberdeen!
Christmas in Aberdeen!

Lights in Union Street (the equivalent to Rideau Street in Ottawa...)
Christmas in Aberdeen!Christmas in Aberdeen!
Christmas in Aberdeen!

Lights in Union Street (the equivalent to Rideau Street in Ottawa...)


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb