Next adventure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland
August 31st 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We've had a very busy summer. Got home from Palm Springs via Tehachapi, Ca where we visited James and Karen. Had dinner with Roger and Helen, Fernando and Lucy and Elizabeth and Ella.

I worked a few weeks in New Westminster, Burnaby and Coquitlam Town Center. On July 14th we left with our 5th, and made our way to Kelowna and Vernon to visit with our good friends Jim and Debbie and our friends from Mexico in Vernon. Such good friends and good times. Made a quick run home for a day to attend my very good friend, Joyce Ladd's Celebration of Life. Joyce had a 22 month struggle with a brain tumor. The service was lovely. Just a small informal sharing of stories about Joyce and her family and our very good times together. From Vernon we left for Edmonton, parked our 5th in Larry's cousins yard and continued to enjoy ourselves for the next 2 weeks. We met up with all the aunties that are all pushing 90 years old, all the great cousins. The mosquitoes were big enough to fly off with us but we fought them off with a vengence. We moved to a campground and Mark, Carli, Isabelle, Brady, Carrie, and Steve joined us. They were only in Edmonton for a couple of days but had a tight schedule so they could visit with all the cousins and aunties. It was just great. Had a great dinner with Mark et al and most of the cousins and kids. The kids all enjoyed each other. Clayton and Evan flew into Edmonton on Friday afternoon. Clay did the rounds of relatives then he flew home on Sunday afternoon. Evan continued on with us for the duration of the vacation. We all moved on to Calgary where we did the Calgary Zoo. It was a beautiful day and we all had such a good time. Mark had done some work at the zoo on the Otter tank and the Hippo tank so it was great to see his handi work. Larry's cousin Linda Klem and her daughter Dylaney came to our campsite and had a visit. A massive shop at Costco and then we were off to Waterton Lakes National Park. We met up with most of the Kent clan. Had many potluck meals and of course, birthday cake for the birthday people, Jeremy and Jodi. Jodi's mom and dad were with us. They travelled from Conneticutt. Those that wanted to hike did some great ones and those of us that wanted to read, eat and drink did so. The little kids enjoyed all thier cousins. We had a phone call from our great friends, James and Karen. They were in the USA just south of the Cad border. We met them for dinner in Cardston and then the next day they spent the day with us in Waterton. It was so nice to see them. James has been diagnosed with needing a kidney so it was extra special. We all left Waterton and went our separate ways. Larry, Evan and I travelled on to Christina Lake where we had a lovely evening with Larry's cousin. The next day we continued on home, I had to work on that Friday so the pressure was on. I worked for a week and then we were off to Bridal Falls camping with all our family and Dave and Gwen Ross and their families. James and Karen were here visiting so we all took off together. The families all went home on Sunday and Dave and Gwen and James and Karen and us went to Harrison Hot Springs for another 2 nights. J, K and us arrived home on Tuesday and we had 12 people for dinner. All these people had met James and Karen in Mexico so it was a great reunion. J&K were off on Wednesday to Bellevue where they will be meeting up with their family. Their family was all flying in from California. It was their grandsons first Huskies football game as a Coach. They were all very excited to be together. Jim and Debbie are down from Kelowna to meet up with the Mexico friends. They leave tomorrow and Larry and I are getting packed and ready for our trip to the UK, Ireland and Ibiza. Our friends Mike and Marg Walsh's daughter Katherine is getting married in Dublin on Sept 8th and we shall be there. We have 3 days in the London area, fly to Dublin for 10 days and then 6 days in Ibiza, then 12 days back in London. I will try and blog and send some pix from the UK. We get home Oct 8th and then about the 15th we will be off to Mexico as usual. Keep posted for updates along the way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb