Belfast Northern Ireland


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a fantastic day.
Left Rathkenny early morn from d tatch house to catch the train from Drogheda pronounced "drada' for Belfast.
Left with mixed feelings as everybody you talk to in Ireland has a different opinion on the state of Northern Ireland and the unrest that might be brewing again.
We found it to be nothing but warm and welcoming and probably the friendliest place yet.
We did a guided tour and I cannot believe how much we learnt from that.
@ Sean McDermott we had the best beer a few times over at the Crown Bar (with your tenna) thanks for the tip.
Met a wonderful guy and his dad in the Crown Bar and shared a few beers with them. The younger chap is serving in Northern Ireland with the British Army and is about to go back to Afganistan for his 3rd depolyment. Very interesting to chat with him and got some real home truths.
It is still very cold over here. Days about 19 degrees and Nights about 7.
Finished the night with a great meal in a town called Collon @ Watters Pub. Fab meal with way too much food on the plate but Chris was happy as he got his potatoes 3 ways in one dish. Mashed, Baked and Chips. I stuck to the protein kick.
Nice to be back on line.
Cath and Chris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb