The count down is on!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland » County Down
August 16th 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sitting watching Coronation Street, listening to the rain bashing off the window-thank god we're off in under two weeks!

After about three years of planning and saving, ten injections each and four weeks trying to pick the right shoes (and re-picking after Phil threw them all out when moving out of our house... he says it was an accident!), and trying to get our heads around the complicated forms and visa applications - its 13 days till we leave!!

We've moved out of our house, handed in our notices (with big smiles on our faces) and in a week or so and set sail for Liverpool, Europe and beyond...

Apart from a few package holidays this will be the first real travel experience for both of us so we're leaving rainy Bangor NI not quiet knowing whats in store for us over the next days, weeks, months, years, but hopefully plenty of sun, sea, good times (and wine!).

You miss so much of the world flying directly to Oz so our plan is to only use boats and trains from Belfast to Singapore, then fly to Oz/NZ. The route we're planning is....

Belfast -> Liverpool -> London -> Brussels -> Cologne -> Copenhangen -> Stolkholm -> Helsinki -> St Petersburgh -> Moscow -> Irkutsk -> Ulan Batar -> Beijing -> Shanghai -> Hong Kong -> Vietnam -> Cambodia -> Thailand -> Singapore -> Oz -> NZ -> Oz and eventually home via Middle East.

We are giving ourselves six months to do the majority of the travelling and hope to get some work in Oz and stay there for the remainder of our trip.

Were going to try to update this blog as regular as we can, for ourselves to look back on and to keep our friends and family up to date on what were getting up to!

Adioes Amigoes!!

Phil & Alana x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb