Arrival and Reality


Advertisement
Published: April 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The trip was off to a fairly dull start as the original plane had to be left in Newark do to a "check engine light" on that they couldn't determine the cause. It was obviously electrical as we sat on the plane for two hours with the light and air going on and off but finally de-planed waited another 2 hours and set off across the Atlantic to Belfast, only 3 hours late. I was greeted with special name sign by the Director of this cruise (I will not refer to him as Captain as later blogs will explain). Cheery sort of chap, very gregarious and excited to "get on our way". But.....first the good and the bad news....the bad news was that one of the drive shafts had over heated on the sea trial and needed to be looked at, there was not hot water on the boat as a heater unit came with faculty fixtures from the manufacturer. The GOOD NEWS, the engineer, Bruno, had arrived from Brazil and was a "clever chap" coming up with ways to make the heater work and getting along great with the boat. On to NEWRY.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb