week2 - mournes


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Northern Ireland » County Antrim » Lisburn
September 24th 2009
Published: September 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to foffany dam car park. we had to work out where we were going, we had to as a team take a bearing from the compass. we followed a bearing off 111. and set off for the style that met the wall. we followed the track up to the style between slieve loughshannagh and ott mountain. we then walked to the summit of doan. then we stopped for lunch. then we walked down to lough shannagh. we then walked up the side of carn mountain back to the style, then followed the track back down towards the car park. new skills that i developed was 6 figure grid references. we were able to pin point were we needed to walk to on the map. the existing skills that i improved- i improved on taking a bearing from the compass and adding on the 7 degrees for magnetic north. i feel that when i was climbing to the top of doan that i slightly over came my fear of heights. the team were very good encouraging me. I feel that i still need to improve my fitness levels. i think i would be able to enjoy the day if i was fitter.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb