Checking out Belfast


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey guys, so after our early flight we dropped off our stuff at the hostel and then decided to check out the city. it seems like a pretty normal place if you are in the middle of the city centre... you don't really see any differences between that and some other european city until someone tells you the history of things that have happened.

we basically just did a walking tour of everything and then took the public bus around to both the protestant and catholic neighbourhoods on either sides of the peace line. it was really interesting to see.

we were pretty tired that night so we grabbed dinner and then went to bed. the next day we went to the giant's causeway on the northern coast which was amazing! that's why we stayed the extra night.
Andrea has also done a blog and you can search on this site and find it as well:
Andrea Blackwell18

the pics explain it best. that night we decided to check out the "most famous" pub in belfast and we ended up meeting some rather entertaining locals (a bin man and a tyre changer... lol)

we also met up with a group of German med students... hehe it was a great night = we closed the place down and then went to another night club- its just lots of fun meeting all these different ppl.

ok well we're in dublin now and i'm sure we'll update you when in greece or venice... take care.

Andrea's Blog

SLAINTE.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th June 2006

wow
hey ladies, hows it goin? seems like lots of fun and the pictures are good. enjoy and take care. Fahed

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb