Lazy Day


Advertisement
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After several jam-packed days, it was decided that Thursday would be ‘lazy day’. We all felt like doing different things, so after a sleep in, and no rushing about to get ready, mum and I headed off for a spot of shopping at Bloomfield’s.

Dad and Izzy went for a bike ride around the Bangor coastline and Kb and Ryan hit the shops in Bangor. It was great to have a day of doing whatever we liked.

That evening, Margaret and Dave came around for some home-cooked spag bol, and a few drinks. It was a really interesting evening, as I had a lot of questions from the day before, about Ireland’s history. The oldies were great at filling in all the blanks, from King Billy to the current day situation.

Ireland has a very torrid history that is hard to comprehend. We just don’t seem to experience the same level of corruption and thuggery in Australia as they do here…from tiny neighbourhood suburbs, right up to their current political leaders. But that’s just my opinion, and a very naive one I’m sure. We probably do have a lot of corruption…I just don’t see it happening in Boyne Island.

That’s all for today!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb