9th October 2006: Leeds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Yorkshire » Leeds
October 14th 2006
Published: October 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

When will I ever get the hang of that inner loop!!!??? It drives you to distraction! I guess it just takes a little practice. Hmm. We'll see.

This time, I found a great hotel just to the north of Headingly, called the Village Hotel and Leisure Club. Quite a sizeable place with a very good fitness suite and swimming pool. I got a very comfortable room and it's definitely worth considering next time. Similar standard to Holiday Inns.

The down side? Only a couple of points. Food in the restaurant was generally good but there was not very much of it! You needed all three courses to make a decent meal and that puts the price up. Not too much of an issue, though. Far worse was the traffic situation in Headingly. It takes ages to get through the 1-2 mile stretch that you have to follow to get into Leeds. So long does it take that it puts the dampeners on going out for the evening.

Sadly, I missed out on my planned trip to indulge my passion for fish and chips. I had intended to visit Nash's at 102 Harrogate Rd, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, LS7 4LZ but had to settle for another trip to Brett's instead. Still excellent fish and chips, still very high prices and still putting 10%!s(MISSING)ervice charge on the bill without so much as a by your leave.

Never mind! I'll have something to look forward to for next time! Some other reminders about decent eating:




Advertisement



20th March 2007

The queues through Headingley are always terrible! It's all the students and commuters heading in and out of town. Not as bad out of rush hour though. Some great little pubs there too.

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb