Last Manning family weekend til 2007


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Sutton Coldfield
January 29th 2006
Published: January 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Manning Family at the BoathouseManning Family at the BoathouseManning Family at the Boathouse

Clockwise L to R: Veronica, Dave, Bronia, Paul, Gail, Roy
(Bronia typing) Gail (Dave's sister) and her boyfriend Paul arrived Sat morning to spend a last Manning family weekend together.

Then Dave and I went for one last 10km run in Sutton Park. It's a fabulous 2500 acre park which is 5 min run from the Manning's house and Dave and I have had great runs discovering bits of it. The park was given over to some Lord by Henry VIII as hunting & fishing grounds (there are about 5-7 lakes in it). Underfoot is soft earth and beautiful leaf trails to run on with spectacular views as you round corners and get new vistas of a lake or a stretch of bracken. There are also wild Exmoor ponies that roam the park to keep the growth of the bracken etc at bay - Beautiful !

The evening we dined in Sutton Park at the old Boathouse, now converted into a funky and sophisticated restaurent full of cosy atmosphere. It was a great evening of laughter and banter and we all left full of delicious food & company.

And now, it is our last evening - Gail and Paul have gone back down to Essex for work tomorrow - and we're doing last minute preparations before our flight tomorrow. Our bags our packed: tickets, passports, travellers cheques have been checked and rechecked multiple times. The mood is one of excitement mixed with nervousness at all that lies ahead. We can do no more planning, buying or organising. From this point on it's taking it as it comes.

Next journal entry will be from India - until then, take care and speak soon.

Advertisement



30th January 2006

Have a great flight. Can't wait to hear more from India. Love, Marta
1st February 2006

Happy Trails!
Great to see you have a blog, it will be awesome to keep up with you two. All of us here at Henry St. wish you the best and hope that you have a wonderful trip!!!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb