Review: Hotel du Vin Birmingham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Birmingham
July 13th 2014
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Nestled on the outskirts of old Birmingham lies the eclectic Hotel du Vin Birmingham in all its charm and splendor. The hotel is of a well executed renovation of the former Midland Eye Hospital, which has successfully retained many of the building's original features that give it its character and charm.

However, the true splendor of the rooms lie in the many experiences that await its guests upon arrival. From its convenient location and exquisite rooms to its fine selection of restaurants and bars, there are more than a couple of reasons why you should consider this hotel as your next destination.

Located inside of the newly revitalised Jewellery Quarter, just a short 10-minute walk from the central shops Hotel du Vin Birmingham features a restaurant and luxurious bedrooms that surround an inner courtyard. All of the rooms include amenities such as drench showers, plasma TVs, hand sprung mattresses and fine Egyptian linens, and come in a variety of different shapes and sizes - from standard twin rooms to principal suites.

Restaurant and Bars



The hotel's feature bar is the Bubble Lounge which is well-known for its wide selection of eclectic wines, as well as its almost 30 different Champagnes. Along with the wine list, the lounge is also known for its sommeliers. These wine experts are more than willing to help answer any questions you may have about the wines, spirits, and cocktails offered in the lounge. They're only concern is that you make the selection that's right for you. However, if wine and champagne happen not to be your drinks of choice, the hotel also features the Pub du Vin, which was voted into the Good Beer Guide 2013.

Bistro du Vin, the hotel’s restaurant, is as well known by non-residents as it is by guests. It features French home-style cuisine served in a cozy, informal setting. The menu centers around slow-cooked foods and earthy dishes made from the highest quality organic ingredients. One other popular feature of the bistro to note is its outdoor dining that's available in a picturesque courtyard.

While the rooms, Bubble Lounge and the Bistro may be the star attractions of the hotel, there are an abundant of other exciting attractions that await you. The Cigar Divan lounge is a cigar lover's playground, complimented by the hotel's own wine and cigar outlet store.

The Spa



The spa is your destination for relaxation. It features luxurious holistic treatments, steam rooms, nail bars, and tanning beds. Health du Vin is like a second home if fitness is your forte. It boasts a wide selection of cardio equipment, from treadmills to rowing machines, and all of the free weights, Smith-machines, and racks you'll need to remain in peak performance during your stay.

From the luxurious rooms to the gym the hotel has all of your needs covered. And while its location may give you quick and easy access to the centre shops, you'll find that the biggest issue you'll face may very well be in convincing yourself to venture away from the selection of exquisite amenities.

Image of Hotel du Vin in Birmingham has been provided by Clive Burrell on Behance. For more information on the hotel please visit the hotel's official website to get the latest seasonal deals.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.056s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb