No Turning Back!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Birmingham
December 11th 2011
Published: December 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

PackingPackingPacking

packing light! not so much!


Well, its done. Leg one of the trip has been booked this week. Flying to Bangkok, May 6th 2012.
Now, i myself am shocked that we have been able to do this...mainly due to the fact that Stuart bless him, has a severe and genuine fear of flying. However, after a year of persuasion and some wine in a London restaurant last weekend - myself and my sister maanged to persuade him that this was the best and cheapest option to get us to the other side of the world. (recorded oral agreement on my phone no less) Albeit with some conditions.......i offered to pay for him too - oh and literally the rest of the trip will be overland, however that is fine with me, it will be an adventure. Flying over there for the first leg though, does make it a lot cheaper than going the long overland route and we are there ready to start the adventure.

So, we will be flying with Emirates (i had to choose the comfiest option for the Stu Pants), from Birmingham on May 6th - whoop de whoop! Can i pack already???? No.......seriously!!! We are having a stop over in Dubai for a few hours so hopefully that will break the trip up a little for Stuart......as guys, he really really does have a fear. I was lucky to still have a hand left after we flew to Malta last year. He has though, been on planes......and i am sure deep down, he knows this is the better option....financially anyway. If i had a lot more cash i would have been happy to do a longer overland journey, however, we dont and i dont think we want to delay the trip any longer really......we are not spring chickens anymore it has to be said! My argument was that by travelling overland through Europe, Russia (some of the most expensive places in the world) - you have to buy visas constantly through those countries you pass (even if we dont stay there) and once you add that to the mix....yeeeeeoooowwwww!!!

That aside, we are now goinnnnnnnnnnnggggg!!!!! So, to say i am excited now and have spent the whole weekend thinking about what i am going to pack and where to go and ...blah blah blah and oh lord, what shoes, how on earth do i choose footwear, help! Argh! is an understatement!

So, Bangkok Thailand it is, stop number one of the trip. Done, dusted and sorted. Scary Scary! Well, only the fact that i will be giving up what is a well paid job hmmmm, i know they will let me go away for a few months unpaid, but i do not plan on just going away for a couple of months. As far as i am concerned, its until the pot is dry of cash! We shall see!

So, from here on in, once Christmas is out of the way, i plan to live a life of beans on toast, no life, and just save save saveeeeeeeee every last dime i can. For example, I worked out the other day that if i stopped buying my magazines and papers each week, i would save around £20-£25 a month. Not huge money i hear you holla....Now, with less than 5 months until we leave, that is around £100 shall we say. Now, in somewhere like South East Asia, in certain places, that is a couple weeks in a beach hut or cheap room......YOU DO THE MATH!!!! So, i must i must try to be good.....no more buying things.......the internet, ebay, should all be banned. Ebay app is off my phone, ASOS, HMV, AMAZON bookmarks are all deleted....dellleeeeeettttioooonnnnnnn, no more!!!!!

There you go.......yes i know i go on, and its a little early....but i want to document all my drama beforehand too....first drama, gggrrrrr to find a cheap cheap place to store all the belongings....big clear out required. However, will still need a big storage space to store what i would say is a large 2 bedrooomed amount of stuff. Alas, the search begins so if anyone knows anywhere cheap or hears of a lock up rental etc, let me know. It does not have to be in Birmingham.

WELCOME TO THE BLOG OF THE OSEI-BACHE's ♥...........hehe!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb