Starting ICO (In-Country Orientation)


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Najeeba and DeborahNajeeba and DeborahNajeeba and Deborah

This is Two of the volunteers working together
Hello All, i've decided to make as much use of the computers while iv'e got them! I started out the day finding out what makes us, us. We did it in an onion sort of way by putting ourselves as the middle and putting in the layers of what made us, with the closest one the most important and the furtherest one that had a brief touch. We then broke for lunch. After standing by the food for almost 5 minutes deciding on which meal i might like the least, the dinnerladies took pity and made me a cheese omelete 😊. After lunch we got into the room and found out about cross-country culture and relationships. We had to describe our country in 5 words, that were given to us by our project supervisor Peppy. We decided on Tradtional, Cold, Proud, Individual and Hard-Working. We then did an advice poster on what to do and don't for the pakistani's to do in Glasgow, and they did likewise for us, on what we can do and can't do towards them. We have just had a talk about our work placements and host homes. All sounds very exciting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Two Project SupervisorsThe Two Project Supervisors
The Two Project Supervisors

This is Peppy and Sadia
Glasgow-Kenya Glasgow-Kenya
Glasgow-Kenya

This is my group looking over a map of Glasgow
Glasgow-Kenya Glasgow-Kenya
Glasgow-Kenya

This is another picture of the group looking over Glasgow


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb