Birmingham and relatives


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Birmingham
August 5th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

caught the bus up to Birmingham again!! it was delayed a bit because of some crash on the other side of the road.

i met George at the station and we drove back to Fazely. it was great to catch up with George, Sandra and Greg again.

went out with Greg and his mates to the movies and then to the pub! the simpsons movie is even funnier when you can actually read the subtitles!!!!! (for the animals speaking etc)

there is a first for everything...i tried Fosters. yes i'm not proud of it but i had to discern why all foreigners think we drink the stuff (did you know it is brewed in scotland, well the uk version is anyway). it was surprisingly ok...so i had another one.

cricket!!!! went to the cricket to watch greg play again. not quite the same innings as he had last time but they came out with a winning draw! can't complain too much...well i can, i'm a spectator!

More Relatives!!!!

got picked up this morning by Ann, i'm not entirely sure how we are related - somewhere along mum's side. we drove back to her town (i made sure i didn't blink because i might have missed it.

before lunch i got a guided tour of the town and the church where Anne and Geoff were married. it is a quaint and quintessential english church!!!

Pub Lunch!!! good food. Roast lamb followed by sticky date pudding and sided by a great local beer served by jenny, a very good looking bar maid!!!

again time is of the essence so i got to meet Alex (Ann's son) for about 15 minutes and then it was off to the station and back to london!!






Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb