Trains in England


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Salisbury @ 5:30pm, it's now 11:00 and we just checked into the hostel. It took us 3 trains, two buses and a taxi to get here ...whew. This past weekend was a 'bank holiday' and it was impossible to rent a car ANYWHERE. We did get to see the countryside from the train windows but now quite what I had planned. I stayed in Salisbury for the day and throughly explored the city while Evita took a bus to Avesbury to see the stone circle. The cathedral is amazing.took the tower tour and got to go up into the tallest spire in Europe to see how it was built...in 1220 ad no less. The medieval scafolling and beams are still there..we were up in the tower when the bells rang at noon. That was something!
Trish: that book I gave you Sarum really came to life for me They are completely flower and garden nuts here.blooms everywhere...not to mention rabbits!!...on every lawn it seems. This part of England is the Salisbury plain and sheep are the big thing.
The weather is still lousy. According to british news this is the wettest May since 1773.figures. It's rained every single day.Today it came down in buckets. Oh yes, by the way, the food still sucks big time.........I can eat anything, but I couldn't swallow the sausage I had for breakfast today.....unbelievable.
The restaurant we ate at last night in Salisbury.'THE HAUNCH OF VENISON' was the only good meal we've had here....tell you all about the severed had they have on display later.
How can you mess up chocolate cake??
Gary: I'll call you tommorrow at 6:00 your time

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb