Ettington, UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Warwickshire » Ettington
April 12th 2005
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We're in town!We're in town!We're in town!

Ettington, just southeast of Stratford-upon-Avon; Shakespeare Counrty.
After an eleven hour flight from San Francisco, we landed in London Heathrow Airport, took a bus to Victoria Station in central London to pick-up our car rental for a two hour drive to Ettington in Warwickshire.

We stayed at The Leys B&B, our hosts were Brenda & Bob, the nicest people you will ever meet. Brenda is a very good looking petit blond with a wealth of knowledge about the local area, in particular, Stratford-upon-Avon, the birth place of Shakespeare where she is also a tour guide. From Ettington, we day tripped to Stratford-upon-Avon and the North Cotswolds.

Our room was clean and tidy with a good view of the backyard. We were joined by Brenda & Bob for a great breakfast each morning. The Leys B&B is certainly the place to stay in Ettington.

Bob, her husband is a retired CAD designer with a cheery personality and a heavy Cockney accent - both are a lot of fun to be with. After settling in this afternoon we went across the street to the Chequers Inn for a pre dinner drink then down the street to The White Horse Inn for what else, Fish & Chips.
The Leys B&BThe Leys B&BThe Leys B&B

The Place to Stay in Ettington, UK.

P.S. If you would like to host us; or be hosted by us, please contact us using the Contact Cool Travelers link at the bottom of this page.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Our HostsOur Hosts
Our Hosts

Brenda and Bob.
Chequers Country InnChequers Country Inn
Chequers Country Inn

We came here for pre-dinner drinks.
White Horse InnWhite Horse Inn
White Horse Inn

Great Fish & Chips, Beer Garden and Home Cooked Meals on Banbury Road, Ettington.
Our room was clean and tidy...Our room was clean and tidy...
Our room was clean and tidy...

Clean and tidy indeed.
A room with a viewA room with a view
A room with a view

From our room window, such a nice garden... nice indeed.
A Dynamic DuoA Dynamic Duo
A Dynamic Duo

Holly and Brenda at Chequers.
At the kitchen tableAt the kitchen table
At the kitchen table

Let's have Tea.
Let's do breakfast...Let's do breakfast...
Let's do breakfast...

An excellent idea!
Fearsome FoursomeFearsome Foursome
Fearsome Foursome

At Chequers for drinks.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb