England's Calling!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey
May 21st 2002
Published: January 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We weren't even married for a year when we headed off for this huge challenge so far away from home and loved ones. We really learnt to rely on each other and to work together,it wasn't always easy but we got through it stronger and with a whole bunch of fond memories and experiences.

We headed off to our first live-in pub job at the Red Lion Pub, established way back in the late 18th century in a tiny litlle village called Betchworth which is in Surrey, South East of London. This was a whole new experience for us, living and working in one place.. There was a bus stop right outside the pub that we could take into the next town,Dorking, it had a bit more to offer than Betchworth's Post Office, Church and Pub. Our closest Kingdom Hall was in Leatherhead and it just so worked out that we could get a lift with John and Sue as they had to pass Betchworth on the way to the meetings. We worked very long hours but still managed to get out and about to explore and visit my Granny in Ascot and Aunt in Bracknell.


Head WaitersHead WaitersHead Waiters

us at work

We stayed for about 6 months and really missed home, so went home for a nice long holiday, but for this we had to give up our job and search again when we came back..


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Red Lion PubThe Red Lion Pub
The Red Lion Pub

Our bedroom windows on top
Red Lion Chef'sRed Lion Chef's
Red Lion Chef's

and waiting staff
Leatherhead Kingdom HallLeatherhead Kingdom Hall
Leatherhead Kingdom Hall

Dave and Jenni's visit
Ouma Jean and Aunty SharynOuma Jean and Aunty Sharyn
Ouma Jean and Aunty Sharyn

Ouma and Aunty came to make sure they were treating us well..


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb