2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey
July 3rd 2009
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Language: English (change)

Day Two

We left later today around quarter past one and made our way to Victoria station. through the tunnels branching off Vic station we came to the entry of V&A museum. The place is huge and took us about 30minutes to find what we were looking for. what we were looking for was a free exhibition of theatre including props, set designs and costumes of performers and performances. My favorite was a little drawn picture and the original costume design of The Phantom of the Opera at the graveyard.

We walked up to Harrods then. Harrods must be the hugest department store in the world and sells everything and anything.
Personally i hate the place its too big for its own good and you get lost every 5 minutes. One thing that i did like was from a little balcony in the place a young woman was singing Caro mio Ben and really set the atmosphere. After a while of walking i got very sore and we had to sit down. We found a little cafe around the food section.
We ordered scones(2) £7.50 a tea and i had a bottled water...a whopping £6! that bloody 12 aust dollars. couldn't believe it! but the cream that came with the scones was deliciously think so think mum thought it was butter and asked the waitress if there was any cream!

Mum wanted a little souvenir from harrods so we went top the gift shop, the man who served us was Australian and lived where i was born in penrith nsw.
We took a bus up to Hyde park corner and planned to walk through Hyde park to get to Kensington gardens, that took too long and we ended up just walking through Hyde park because we had to get to a booked tour at 7.
With much confusion we found our tour. Jack the Ripper.
Although most things were demolished or the street sign names changed(clearly because of the unwanted hype about the jack the ripper killings) the Ten Bells Pub was still there which is where the victims of jack all drank.

After a very very long day we got home and i fell straight into bed and slept like a baby.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Photo 2Photo 2
Photo 2

£6 water!!!!
Photo 1Photo 1
Photo 1

The Ten Bells


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb