A missive from England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello All
NO I AM NOT NUTS! Just seem to have got the wrong end of the stick and haven't been naming my entries so they haven't been published!! So please check out the date of the entry when you read it and it will then be in order as I have just published a load of new entries!! Sorry - from nothing to a painful session heh!
We are now in England after a lovely time in France. We had a fantastic time in Narbonne and St Emilion. Paris was ok but a bit like hard work. Where to start! Wine tasting in St Emilion is out of this world! We stayed in a beautiful chateau and had such a wonderful time exploring the medieval town which is now UNESCO listed. The joy of having friends who live some of the year in France and can speak French and are 'into' the French way of life is immeasurable. Our time in Narbonne with relaxed friends in the house overlooking the vineyards and the ruined chateau with the milky way, supreme food and a wonderful selection of gorgeous wines ; well it was wonderful. Thanks Sav and Sandra for a delightful time. Paris and the experience of trying to sell the rugby tickets for six hours competing with a mass of kiwis with the same idea!! Unfortunately our tickets were very expensive - or is it fortunately for me. I saw England win the semi. Victory is sweet even if you are only sitting in the stands cheering. The sights in Paris in the sunshine - The Louvre, Tuillerie Gdns, Arc de Triomph, Champs Elysee , Notre Dame. Amazing. Lille is close to Belguim and a student town. We spent two days there - Kev loved the moulles(mussels). We watched England loose in an Irish pub and got back to the hotel at 3am thanks to an Irish coach salesman who was fun and generous and wouldn't let us leave! We met an Englishman who buys and sells French wines to the French who tells us that Chateau de Pap Neuf (?spelling) blanc is amazing. My favourite was the Vouvray.
We left France on the Eurostar and arrived yesterday in England. Today we went on the London Eye - happily the sky was crystal clear and we could see for miles. Tomorrow Windsor Castle.
Are we enjoying it? Yes yes yes!! I've forgotten about housework and work and all things mundane. I'm in the flow and just wish I could beam you all up at different times to join in. Oh I hope not to bore you all to death when I get back with all the exuberant ravings of an enthusiastic traveller.
It is nice to be back somewhere Englsih speaking. 18 days of brain scrambling high school french is hard work but I must admit it was an enjoyable challenge. Maybe by using this unused part of our brains Alzheimers has been postponed heh!
Well I am rambling on now - time to get to bed.
Last night I saw the hedgehog Audrey feeds in her lovely back garden - such a cutie pie. Going to go and have a look again. Her garden is a paradise for wildlife. The squirrels were jiving on her conservatory roof this morning jubilant after feeding on a lardy seed cake thingy.
So you see I didn't forget you all - just didn't quite get it right...........again!!!!!
love and kisses to you all and I know you will sleep well after reading all this.
Jayne and Kevinxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb