Sooo relaxing


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » East Horsley
February 25th 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Horsley Towers just before 2pm after a quick stop at Bob's shop to pick up Wayne's new camera. We were staying in the management centre, part of the conference facilities. The first stop after dumping bags in our room (which was lovely) was the restaurant for lunch. It was very good. We ate lots, I had soup followed by mackerel, Wayne had soup then pork. It was scrummy. We then went to look at the room properly and sort our bits and pieces out.

We decided to head out for a walk around the grounds and look at the Tower part of the venue. It was a very pretty building with a pond and land. We saw a small muntjac deer which ran across the park in front of us. We wondered back through the maze of the buildings that made up the conference centre, lots of small passageways linking old building to new. We passed lots of tea and coffee centres with biscuits, milk and cake.

As it had got dark we thought a swim and sauna were in order before dinner (to work up our appetites again). I swam a little before giving up as my arm was aching a bit, Wayne did a bit more, we then tried the Jacuzzi which compared to his hot tub was rubbish so we got straight out. I snuck into the men’s sauna and we steamed away together for a bit before I went back to the ladies for a shower and got changed.

It was then time for dinner - three courses of soup, fish and mash and a strawberry tart and I was stuffed. We went to look at the tower in the dark (Wayne taking to many pictures of me) and then sat in the bar and had a couple of drinks before collapsing in bed. It was a very relaxing day and nice to not feel like we had to do ‘something’.

We woke up the next day just in time for breakfast at 9am, checkout was at 10am. I spoke nicely to the reception man who said we could have an extra hour - much needed as we hadn’t tidied up all our bits and pieces.

We left and headed to Nounsley for a well deserved sit in front of the telly (ok so I slept!) and then went to Mary (from divings) house for dinner - pizza and her home made scrummy chocolate cheesecake. It was a lovely end to the


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

WayneWayne
Wayne

Ha two can play at this game!
How close!How close!
How close!

HA - see how u like it! :)


Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 83; dbt: 0.0984s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb