An English Autumn Birthday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Bury Saint Edmunds
November 2nd 2012
Published: March 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

As the weather gets progressivly colder, the central heating comes on and the leaves begin to change. I must admit being out in the wop wops has its advantages where you can clearly see the changes in the seasons. Surrounded by trees all the greenery is changing to red, yellow and orange which is all rather pretty. Frosty morning are not my favourite thing ( the car doesnt like it either) but it normally promises a sunny, but cold, day.

I have been very lucky to always have fireworks on my birthday and as it is still guy fawkes here on my birthday weekend i didnt miss out this year. I had a lovely birthday, with gifts from New Zealand including some kiwi essentials like peanut slabs & milo. my lovely boss bought me a pair of gloves & a woolly hat, i think she thinks ill pack up and leave when it gets really cold! then Anna & Gareth came to stay for the weekend 😊

The nearest village Hartest has an annual bombfire & guyfaulkes nigh. It was all very jolly & villagey, with surprisingly alot of people coming to drink the mulled wine, toffee apples, hot chocolates at the local pub. Outside was a massive bombfire, huge infact....but in true pc brit style the literal red tape was rolled out so you had to appreciate the potential warmth and comfort of the fire from the designated safe distance, about 20mmetres away!...no need for the mashmellows. The fireworks were all set out, guarded by real life , fully kitted out firemen, just in case things got out of hand, and the greengrass that had been rained on for the past week set fire to the whole village. The scene was set for an epic display, although there was no accompanying orchestra, i may need to learn the violin for next year. As we waited in anticipation the fireworks crew had a last minute diliberation so everything went to plan, and then finally the time had come. The first fireworks were lit, lovely stationery sparklers which acted as a base for the skyrockets that leapt into the air at random times, exploding......with the enthusasium of a wet towel....needless to say i was ready tocrank out a boom box from the warehouse to add a little competition.....never mind its the thought that counts.

Anna and Gareth enjoyed getting out of London for the weekend to our quaint country bumpkin neck of the woods...if you call a 600 year old house on an Estate quaint. Fun showing people around, autumn is well and truely here now. England certainly displays the four seasons very clearly!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb